Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Casserole
- 2 cans(16oz) large, flaky biscuits
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter (for brushing on top of finished product)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Open cans of biscuits and cut into quarters. Set aside.
- Prepare a casserole dish with cooking spray. Either a 9 x 13 or 10 x 12 is recommended. You can use a smaller dish, but you might have some spillage in the oven. Layer half of the quarters in prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Next, brown ground sausage over a medium/high heat until cook through. Reduce heat to medium.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle the cooked sausage with flour mixture. Stir flour mixture into sausage until completely absorbed.
- Next, add in milk and stir to combine. Stir frequently until mixture comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer and stir until gravy has started to thicken, (about 5 mins).
- Pour gravy over your bottom layer of cooked biscuits. Layer the remaining uncooked, biscuit pieces over the gravy. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- If you would like, brush 1-2 Tablespoons of melted butter over the tops of the biscuits to give them an inviting shine
Recipe from https://www.familyfreshmeals.com