Braces Friendly Recipe: Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- 2 whole large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped or 2 tablespoons sun dried tomato paste
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese-filled tortellini
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded, for garnish
- Sauté garlic with olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, half and half, chicken stock, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup. Cook according to the package directions.
- When tortellini are done, ladle soup into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
Braces Friendly Recipe.