This is such a fun recipe for spring/summer parties or cookouts. And as long as the braces-wearer avoids the gummy worms, it is a great braces-friendly recipe. Here is the recipe and a link for you to watch how it is done: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Dirt-Cake-I/Detail.aspx?evt19=1&referringHubId=629
Original recipe makes 1 medium size flower pot
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with cream filling
- Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
- In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
- Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
- Layer in new and cleaned flower pot (with foil on the bottom to cover the hole), starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Add artificial flowers and gummy worms for fun. Enjoy!
Another idea: You can substitute vanilla cream cookies and put it in a beach pail to make a “Sand Cake”. Decorate with edible white chocolate shells!