- Vanilla Cake Mix
- Unsalted Butter, softened
- Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs, Room Temperature
- Powdered Sugar
- Corn Starch
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Parchment Paper
Grinch Cookie Royal Icing Ingredients (to make the red hearts):
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add powdered sugar and corn starch together in a loaf pan. Mix well.
- Mix the butter, cake mix, oil and eggs together. (the batter will be thick).
- Stir green food coloring to get the Grinch green (I used about 5 drops).
- Using a small ice cream scoop get a chunk of dough then roll it into the powdered sugar/corn starch mixture.
- Pick up the dough and roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie balls 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until they puff up.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for several minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
Tip: Some have expressed that the cookies have not turned out correctly. Many factors come into play such as elevation, different ovens used, etc. So, you will need to adjust ingredients and cooking time according to other similar cookie recipes you may have made.