- 1 lb bowtie pasta
- 1 tablespoon cooking spray
- 1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 jar marinara sauce (or 3 cups homemade)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup low fat sour cream or 1 cup of low fat ricotta cheese
Boil pasta in large pot of salted water until al dente, drain. In large skillet, brown and crumble ground chuck until fully cooked, drain fat and return to pan. Pour cooked pasta on top of meat, then drizzle on olive oil. Pour on jar of sauce, salt, garlic powder and Italian seasonings. Stir. Add cheese and sour cream. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined. Taste and add salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve with parmesan or additional mozzarella, if desired.
Get more braces friendly recipe here.