- 20 whole Lasagna Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1/2 pound Italian Sausage
- 28 ounces, weight Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 8 ounces, weight Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Parsley
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Basil
- 30 ounces, weight Ricotta Cheese
- 2 whole Eggs
- 3/4 cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Basil, Minced
- 1 pound Mozzarella, Grated
- Boil lasagna noodles until al dente. Drain and lay flat on a sheet of foil.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the ground beef and sausage and stir it around, cooking it until totally browned. Drain excess fat, then add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, parsley, and basil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Make the filling by combining ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, salt, pepper, parsley, and basil. Stir to combine.
- To assemble, spoon a little sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan OR smaller disposable foil loaf pans. Spread 2-3 tablespoons ricotta filling on each noodle, then roll them up. Lay them sideways in the pans (4 will fit in the loaf pans, or you can fill a 9 x 13-inch pan with the rollups.) Top with remaining sauce, plenty of grated mozzarella, and grated Parmesan.
- If baking immediately, bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- If baking from a frozen state, bake, covered in foil, at 350 for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for 15 minutes, or until lasagna is done.