- 1 1/2cups water
- 1/2cup milk
- 14 oz pkg garlic flavored instant mashed potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef extra lean
- 1/2cup onion diced
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups marble cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4cup real bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium saucepan bring water and milk to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in instant mashed potato Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, onions, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce using your hands.
- Add bread crumbs and egg to the meat mixture and continue mixing it with your hands.
- Press the meat mixture evenly into an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the meat using a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top followed by the bacon bits.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Braces Friendly Recipe.