- 4 lbs red skinned potatoes
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup of sour cream (I use light)
- 1/2 cup of milk or cream (add more or less to taste)
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened (I used light)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 10 slices bacon , cooked crisp and chopped or 1/2 cup of bacon bits
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 green onion sliced
- 2 slices of bacon , cooked & crumbled
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375
- Wash potatoes, peel off about 2/3 of the skin, (leaving some on the potatoes) and chop into large chunks. Slice the cloves of garlic into 3 pieces each. Boil the potatoes and garlic in a large pot of water until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Drain potatoes & garlic and mash slightly with a potato masher. Add in remaining ingredients (except toppings) and mash to desired consistency.
- Place into a casserole dish, add toppings and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are hot.
Braces Friendly Recipe.