Meatball Sub Casserole
1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1-lb. pkg. fully cooked frozen meatballs, thawed
1 (28 oz.) jar pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Fill in any gabs with pieces of bread. Note:I recommend toasting the bread first. You can place the dish into the oven (on the broiler setting) and toast both sides. It should only take a minute or two.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Spread mixture over bread slices.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Gently mix together spaghetti sauce and meatballs.
- Spoon over cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
Recipe from https://www.thecountrycook.net