Nutella Swirled Toffee Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup health toffee bars baking bits
- 3 pieces Andes toffee chocolate, chopped
- Nutella (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 3 pieces chopped Andes toffee chocolate
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners or oil tins and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg, milk, sour cream, butter, vanilla, and toffee candy until incorporated completely.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and transfer wet ingredients into the well.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold ingredients until just incorporated. (Do not overmix!)
- Scoop batter to fill up each muffin tin half way.
- Then, drop some Nutella into each cup and swirl with toothpick.
- Scoop more muffin batter to top the Nutella swirls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon.
- Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut in the butter until coarse crumbs.
- Add in the chopped Andes toffee chocolate.
- Top each muffin with streusel.
- Bake for about 16-18 minutes, or until tops are slightly golden.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Recipe By: http://www.heartsinmyoven.com/2013/03/nutella-swirled-toffee-muffins.html