Sloppy Joe Squares
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (adjust amount as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onions, and bell pepper until meat crumbles and no pink remains. Drain well and return skillet to heat.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, Creole seasoning, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and fresh ground pepper. Stir well to combine and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and spray a 13 x 9 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Press one can of the crescent roll dough into the prepared pan, pressing with your fingers to cover the bottom of the pan. Spoon the Sloppy Joe mixture on top of the dough in pan and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Carefully place the 2nd sheet of crescent roll dough on top of the cheese, lightly pressing the seams together and pulling the dough out to the edges of the pan. Brush the top of the dough with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake, uncovered, for 13 to 15 minutes till nicely golden brown. Serve immediately.
Recipe from https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com