What? Two of every kids’ favorite things: Sloppy Joes and Tater Tots. This is delicious for everyone!
1 pound ground beef
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 sweet onion, diced
1 can corn, drained
1 can sloppy joe sauce
2 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
16 ounces tater tots
chives, for sprinkling on top as desired
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the peppers and onions until the meat is cooked through.
- Drain the fat and return to the heat.
- Stir in the corn, sloppy joe sauce, and cream cheese. Cook over low heat until the cream cheese is melted.
- Pour the sloppy joe mixture into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with half of the grated cheese.
- Arrange the tater tots in a single layer over the top of the cheese. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped chives if desired. Serve immediately.
Braces Friendly Recipe.