For the cupcakes:
1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
¾ cup unsalted butter-room temperature
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
½ cup + 2 tablespoon sparkling cider
4 oz. white chocolate (or chocolate chips)
For the frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter-room temperature
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4-5 tablespoon sparkling cider
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line standard cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients-flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add softened butter, egg whites, vanilla, Greek yogurt and sparkling cider and mix on medium speed just until smooth, but do not over mix!!!
- Fill cupcake liners maximum ⅔ full and bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate and spread with a spoon on top of each cupcakes, place in the fridge to set while making frosting..
- Mix the butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at the time and mix until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla and sparkling cider and top the cupcakes.
- Store in the fridge.
Braces Friendly Recipe.